Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Homework
Homework [message #165091] Tue, 28 March 2006 05:28 Go to next message
rleishman
I know it's not just me, everyone's noticed it, right? Is it near end of semester at Bangalore Uni?

If we had a special Homework forum up above the Newbies forum, do you reckon they'd stop posting them in Experts?

I think I'm just feeling old and grumpy today. Harrumph...
Re: Homework [message #165095 is a reply to message #165091] Tue, 28 March 2006 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Shame on you Ross: you posted in the wrong forum. This is a typical "suggestion & feedback" question if you ask me Wink

Moved.

MHE
Re: Homework [message #165100 is a reply to message #165095] Tue, 28 March 2006 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Maybe we should make some sort of portal containing two buttons: first button should read "post new topic" and the second should read "read this first prior to posting!!!"
The first would take the poster to some gibberish site, the second would take them to ORAFAQ.
I bet more than half of the posters never would get into the main site.
Re: Homework [message #165404 is a reply to message #165100] Wed, 29 March 2006 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Yes, even i have noticed that some people post silly questions in expert forums and on top of that without any sample table creation and insert scripts.

And Ross it's not the end of semester in Bangalore Univ. Laughing so lots are yet to come (just joking).

Recently i asked one OP to post sample table creation & sample inserts scripts but he got answer from others so he sent me an interesting personal message saying "i should leave the forum because i was not able to understand the question and others were able to answer it".

Anyways good luck to all the moderators who keep on moving the threads to the right forums.

Warm regards,
Tarun

Re: Homework [message #165463 is a reply to message #165404] Thu, 30 March 2006 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Tarun,
>> personal message saying "i should leave the forum ...
Join the club. You were not alone.
@all.
Ignore the ignorant. A plethora of these 'people' are looking for quick answers(with examples,100% guarantee that the solution will work in their mysterious environment,clear documentation,our personal contact information for further reference ... ) for their homeworks/problems_which_does_not_exist/questions_they_dont_know_how_to_ask.
A few are genuine. Many are not. Can we really educate everyone? How to educate the 'people' who does not want to hear 'lectures' from us,'Dont ask me to read documentation or search forum/google' types? Honestly, i got tired of it. With the little precious time we have, we should spend it better.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Mahesh Rajendran

[Updated on: Thu, 30 March 2006 06:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Homework [message #165466 is a reply to message #165463] Thu, 30 March 2006 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Mahesh,

Don't get too depressed. One grateful poster with a serious question outweighs 20 homework/help_me_it_is_urgent_because_i_should_have_started_2_weeks_ago_but_were_too_lazy ones.
My suggestion for the idiot PMs: add them as a reply to the original post, so we all can have a laugh (and a flame :evil-grin:)
Re: Homework [message #165467 is a reply to message #165466] Thu, 30 March 2006 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Thanks Frank.
I am not exactly depressed (Fact is, i do not have time to get depressed Smile ).
I just take it a lot 'easier' now. I just ignore many a postings.
>>One grateful poster with a serious question ...
Very very true. A genuine question or a person with a good attitude is always fun/worth spending time with.
I learned here (at forums) a lot more than i did at my work. I have recommended many to get subscribed with orafaq
and not a single person ever regretted. Many of them had thanked me stating, most of their questions are already
answered here and it is truly an ORACLE FAQ.
Re: Homework [message #165472 is a reply to message #165466] Thu, 30 March 2006 07:59 Go to previous message
Maaher
Frank wrote on Thu, 30 March 2006 14:36

My suggestion for the idiot PMs: add them as a reply to the original post, so we all can have a laugh (and a flame :evil-grin:)

Like this one? http://www.orafaq.com/forum/fa/940/0/

We all have fought our battles here and I can only agree with the remarks made here concerning ingrates and the less numerous grateful.

MHE
Previous Topic: Spell checker
Next Topic: Performance degrading?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:12:44 CDT 2024