Home » Other » General » what development tool to use??
what development tool to use?? [message #156619] Thu, 26 January 2006 08:32 Go to next message
cbarrera
we are planning to upgrade from 8.0.5 to 10g. all our applications were developed using forms 6.0 (not 6i). migrating includes spending a large amount of money in developer suite and application server licences and migration of our forms too.

anyone knows oracle plans for htmldb in the long run? can we use it to replace oracle's developer suite? is anyone developing large enterprise apps with it?

what about oracle pl/sql server pages, any good/bad experiences?

if anyone is using other tools to develop applications such as html, php, jsp, .net, etc. what are the pros/cons you have come across?

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

regards.
Re: what development tool to use?? [message #156660 is a reply to message #156619] Thu, 26 January 2006 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Concerning HTMLDB, go to their web site http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/htmldb/index.html and have a look at their 'Statement of Direction' where it states
Quote:

Oracle will continue to invest in the development and support of Oracle HTML DB and new versions of this tool will be released at least annually.

David
Re: what development tool to use?? [message #156844 is a reply to message #156619] Sat, 28 January 2006 07:35 Go to previous message
ddshah
oracle html db is of a different category all together for oracle developers. You have said that you have forms in 6.0 - the best thing in my opinion would be to convert them into 6i and then to 10g. Of course if your application is large enough -cost factor will be there.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2006 07:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 8i vs 9i
Next Topic: Oracle 9i and visual basic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:36:16 CDT 2024