Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » The little down arrow thingy
The little down arrow thingy [message #156546] Wed, 25 January 2006 12:09 Go to next message
smartin
The down arrow that lets you click it to jump straight to the most recent post in a thread that you have not yet read doesn't seem to be working for me today and yesterday. It has always worked in the past and is quite nice.

I wouldn't rule out anything on my end, but wanted to post this in case anyone else notices the same thing.
Re: The little down arrow thingy [message #156613 is a reply to message #156546] Thu, 26 January 2006 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi Scott,

Are you referring to the blue up and down arrows on the right-hand side of the thread display? If so, they are working for me.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: The little down arrow thingy [message #156629 is a reply to message #156546] Thu, 26 January 2006 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
Nope, sorry I wasn't all that clear was I.

I meant the white arrow immediately to the left of the subject of a posting. It is a small arrow.

For instance, in this thread, I posted first. Now today I came in and the icon to the left of the subject was in red because there was new activity on the thread that I had not yet read.

In the past, I could click on the little white arrow between the icon and the subject and it would take me directly to your follow up to my original post, because that was the latest entry that I had not yet read. But instead today it takes me straight to the top of the thread, leaving me to scroll down and find whatever was new.
Re: The little down arrow thingy [message #156654 is a reply to message #156629] Thu, 26 January 2006 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
I've never used it before. In fact, I wasn't even aware of it until now Embarassed

Nevertheless, it seems to work as advertised (tested with Firefox 1.0.6). Other browsers may behave differently.
Re: The little down arrow thingy [message #156658 is a reply to message #156546] Thu, 26 January 2006 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
It is a nice feature, I use it all the time. Well, used to until this week...I wonder what caused the change. I'm using internet explorer, but it has worked in the past. I wonder if something changed on my system...but don't know what it could be...

Any other IE users (I know, it is almost embarassing to admit) mind trying the feature to confirm if it works for you and is a problem with my pc?
Re: The little down arrow thingy [message #156661 is a reply to message #156658] Thu, 26 January 2006 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It appears to be working for me. However, if my memory is correct, it used to put the 'next' post at the top of the browser page, now it appears to put it at the middle of the browser page. Maybe that's why you feel you are not going to the 'next' post correctly.

David
Re: The little down arrow thingy [message #156686 is a reply to message #156661] Fri, 27 January 2006 01:06 Go to previous message
Frank
On FF1.5 it works too. The first unread post is displayed at the top of the screen.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 January 2006 01:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Post Indication
Next Topic: Reporting a message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:53:10 CDT 2024