Home » Other » General » Need advice on how to and where to start learning about Db writing in general
Need advice on how to and where to start learning about Db writing in general [message #154356] Sat, 07 January 2006 07:48 Go to next message
toossy
I am new to Db writing. Actually know very little about writing a database but I am familiar with the concepts of how it works to some extent. I would appreciate it if some one would help me on starting a task I have in front.
I need to execute a Web Based project which encompasses writing a database for a web site. I am sort of familiar with MS office applications and to some extent with ACCESS but that is all.
If you could give me advice on where to start learning from step one and provide me with information available on the net I would be most thankful and always in your debt.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 January 2006 07:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need advice on how to and where to start learning about Db writing in general [message #154457 is a reply to message #154356] Sun, 08 January 2006 17:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Download Oracle 10g XE from the OTN website. Work in HTMLDB and perhaps use the new Raptor from Oracle as an alternate interface to the database for creating tables, etc.

If you don't understand the acronyms then either Google them or read the stickies that exist at the beginning of the various forums on this website.

David
Previous Topic: PL/SQL Server Pages Future
Next Topic: Electronic Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:14:07 CDT 2024