Home » Other » General » Installed 10 & 10.1.0.4.0 but forgot companion cd
Installed 10 & 10.1.0.4.0 but forgot companion cd [message #140026] Fri, 30 September 2005 09:09 Go to next message
nburgan
I have installed Oracle 10 and applied the 10.1.0.4. patchset and created several databases then realized that I forget to install the companion cd.

Can I stop the databases and services, apply the companion cd to the home then apply the 10.1.0.4 patchset again?

Re: Installed 10 & 10.1.0.4.0 but forgot companion cd [message #140057 is a reply to message #140026] Fri, 30 September 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Do you need those specific products (HTMLDB/webserver etc) in Companion CD?
If so you can install them.
Re: Installed 10 & 10.1.0.4.0 but forgot companion cd [message #140081 is a reply to message #140026] Fri, 30 September 2005 14:22 Go to previous message
nburgan
From Oracle

Since the databases are newly created and there is no loss in deleting them and recreatin
g them, here is what you need to do:

1) Delete the databases using the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA).
Make the databases are started and a connection as 'SYS as SYSDBA' can be made to the database. DBCA take care of the comp
lete removal including the Oracle service for the database without having to res
tart the machine.

2) Stop ALL Oracle services from the Services applet window running out of the %ORACLE_HOME%.
Also stop the Distributed Transaction Coordinator and Internet Information Server (IIS) Admin Services as well.

3) As stated in the README file of the 10.1.0.4 patch set:

5.1.7 Upgrading Installations that use Java Virtual Machine or Oracle interMedia

If any database uses Java Virtual Machine (Java VM) or Oracle interMedia, then
install the Oracle Database 10g Products installation type from the Oracle
Database Companion CD before installing the 10.1.0.4 patch set. This
installation type includes the Natively Compiled Java Libraries (NCOMP) files
to improve Java performance. If you do not install the NCOMP files, the "ORA-
29558:JAccelerator (NCOMP) not installed" error occurs when a database that
uses Java VM is upgraded to the patch release.

So Install the 'Oracle Database 10g Products installation type' from the Oracle Database Companion CD into the %ORACLE_HOME%.

4) Since the %ORACLE_HOME% has already been patched, you will need to re-install the 10.1.0.4.0 patch set
binaries. The steps to do this are provided in the 'patch_note.htm' file bundl
ed with the 10.1.0.4.0 patch set under the heading:

9 Reinstalling the Patch Set Software Update

5) At this point, you can create the database and know that JAVA will be successfully installed as part of the database creation.

eos (end of section)
Previous Topic: reg case studies
Next Topic: Interview--what is database server, application server & app11i?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:02:24 CDT 2024