Home » Other » General » guide me please!
guide me please! [message #134681] Fri, 26 August 2005 03:12 Go to next message
praveena.kommareddy
Hello Everyone..
I am praveena, completed MS in IT,I am interested to persue my career as a DBA.I have knowledge on unix but not at the admin level.I have been recommended to learn unix admin prior to oracle DBA.Can anyone suggest me regarding this?I would appreciate a sound reply.
Thanking you..
Praveena
Re: guide me please! [message #134714 is a reply to message #134681] Fri, 26 August 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Art Metzer
Did you try Googling it?
Re: guide me please! [message #139703 is a reply to message #134714] Thu, 29 September 2005 04:29 Go to previous message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Parveena .... Its good if you have knowledge of unix administration but to be dba u required only few thing releated to o/s. As most of oracle database in corporate sector is on unix thats y it is recommended that u should know unix frankly speaking i dont know unix .. but i know commands on unix .. i know how to work with vi editor.... and if required i search answer related to unix on net or in some book. or with system administration of unix.

To Work as DBA your concept regarding Oracle architecture should be clear. As u did you MSc.IT i hope u had studied Database management system, so what you had studied there you are going to apply that thing practically when you work as Oracle DBA.

Note:- Its better to u have strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.

Right now as u want to start your careear as DBA oracle...

[1] Make your concept clear regarding Oracle Architecture.

[2] Try to do installation of oracle database server as well as application server 9i ,10g , 8i on linux, and wondows.

[3] See all the services and process related to oracle at o/s level

[4] See Shutdown and startup of oracel database.

[5] learn how to make more than one oracle Database on one server (i.e. machine) through database configuration assistance tool.

[6] Now start learning Adminstrating oracle Database (ie. Day to day task)

Thats it for now....

Regards
Always Friend Sunilkumar

Previous Topic: Oracle DB licensing question
Next Topic: graphical representation for Entity types
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:40:10 CDT 2024