Home » Other » General » reg oracle9i/forms6i connectivity
reg oracle9i/forms6i connectivity [message #126109] Fri, 01 July 2005 01:02 Go to next message
shankar.mf

hi folks!

i have a problem inestablishing connection between my datadase i.e. oracle9i n forms 6i. can anybody tellwho v can establish the connection between them n work together. one of my frnd told that we have to install forms 6i first n then the oracle after installing both with separate homes he told something like u have a file named TNSNAMES.ORA in both oraclen forms 6i n he told to open both files n copy something from one file to other i don't know wht to do now. can anybody helpme out. plz do it as soon as possible.

one moredoubt i have once if u installed forms 6i/d2k can we uninstall it beco'z i am not able to find uninstall anywhere. but if we simply delete that folder beco'z of some wrong installation when we install again the home n some files r already present in the system so it is notpossible for me to install again. soplz help me out reg this.

thanks in advance

bye take care

cheers
Re: reg oracle9i/forms6i connectivity [message #126259 is a reply to message #126109] Sat, 02 July 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Hi,
You can uninstall Developer 6i by Oracle Installer.
For the connectivity problem, check my answer here.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/124914/67693/#msg_124914

Hope that it'll work.

Note:
If you'r not able to connect to Oracle Database by opening SQL*Plus, this solution will not work because then it means your database is not installed properly.
But If you can connect to database from SQL*Plus then this solution will work for you.

In case you cannot connect to Database from SQL*Plus, you need to install the database again

Regards.

Saadat Ahmad
Re: reg oracle9i/forms6i connectivity [message #126280 is a reply to message #126109] Sat, 02 July 2005 15:16 Go to previous message
Steve Callan
How do you "install" a database? That doesn't make any sense. You install (Oracle) software, you create a database.

Which version of SQL*Plus are you talking about? The one that comes with the RDBMS, or the one that comes with Forms? If SQL*Plus from the RDBMS installation was working okay, you have just given advice to do something that was totally unnecessary.

The uninstall option does not actually uninstall the product. OUI removes installation information from the installation (oraInventory) logs. Especially on Windows - the complete uninstall process requires editing the registry.
Previous Topic: exchange
Next Topic: reg schemas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:46:43 CDT 2024