Home » Other » General » connecting oracle in VB
connecting oracle in VB [message #104392] Thu, 07 October 2004 07:58 Go to next message
Deepak
Hii  all

plz help me out in connecting VB with Oracle
Re: connecting oracle in VB [message #104506 is a reply to message #104392] Wed, 03 November 2004 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gopi Chand.V
for connecting oracle in VB, Oracle client service need to be configured on your machine.
You can use ADO to connect oracle in VB. Following is the connection string for the oracle in VB.
"Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=manager;User ID=system;Data Source=btdbv4;Persist Security Info=True"
Re: connecting oracle in VB [message #104863 is a reply to message #104392] Wed, 16 February 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A.Paul
Sir,
i cannot connect oracle to visual basic .
Please suggest steps to carry out these.
Re: connecting oracle in VB [message #104874 is a reply to message #104392] Wed, 16 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surendra Mishra
Mr Animesh,
U need to first configure ... by adding Data Source Name from Control Panel.....then Add Activex Data Control object to ur project by selecting Project> Component>Microsoft ADO control 6.0......then in properties of ADODC ... do the following...Select.... Use Data Source Name... and click on list box and select your datasource name...example may be Oratest, etc..,
Password: type Oracle User name and password
in record source : write Select * from

then specify the datasource and datafield properties for ur text box and run the project...
thats it..

U can also do wo using ADODC Control...by coding first u do this then mail...if u wanna do by coding too...
bye
Re: Error connecting oracle in VB with adodc [message #109624 is a reply to message #104874] Sun, 27 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous message
Temp
when i place a adodc control on my form in vb6 and then provide the username/password details and then establish a connection with oracle and the connection is succeeded .

But when i try to bound a text field with that control(adodc) and click in the data source property of that text box then the error messge comes

ORA00942: table or view does not exist
and then
error loading formname.frm see formname.log for details

But this is the problem only in that project only.
When i open a new project it connection works fine.

what should i do

Its urgent
Previous Topic: Which is Worth ORACLE or .NET???????
Next Topic: ORA 1036 - Oracle 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:28:53 CDT 2024