Home » Other » General » ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure [message #103472] Tue, 28 October 2003 11:35 Go to next message
Carol T
Hi! My problem is whenever i try to connect to a database, I get the following message:

Error: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure
Solution: Make sure connection parameters are correct
and try again
Other people can connect successfully to the database, except me. I've never had any problem and this only started a week ago. As far as I know, nobody did any changes whatsoever with my computer. I've already compared my tnsnames file with a working one, it's the same thing. I don't know what else to check.

I'd greatly appreciate a reply on this issue. Thanks!

Carol
Re: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure [message #103518 is a reply to message #103472] Tue, 23 December 2003 09:09 Go to previous message
Harry
I am not a DB expert, but I would try out ping and TNSping utility and see what it shows in the messaging breakdown.

Since you say things were running OK initially and now gone bad seems to be hardware or infastructure linked.

So another one to check is your client's network settings and state of your network card and the cable itself.

Another wild one but highly unlikely: DHCP may altered your ip after which it may be taking a new path which is takes longer and TCP may timeout.

Good luck.
Previous Topic: free internet oracle user accounts
Next Topic: MY PROFILE DOES NOT WORK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:03:20 CDT 2024