Home » Other » General » Advantages of Oracle
Advantages of Oracle [message #102866] Sat, 09 November 2002 01:31 Go to next message
Mifthiha
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Oracle in comparison to other database packages?
Re: Advantages of Oracle over microsoft access [message #103707 is a reply to message #102866] Tue, 24 February 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tom clarke
hey oracle great isnt it just
Re: Advantages of Oracle over microsoft access [message #103837 is a reply to message #102866] Sun, 04 April 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mariyah
i would like to know why oracle is recommonded to be use more than access and VB , provide my the benefits and advanteges. i should develop a system for Video shop using either access or oracle or VB. what do u advice me to use my O/S is Windows XP
thanx
mariyah
Re: Advantages of Oracle over microsoft access [message #103843 is a reply to message #103837] Mon, 05 April 2004 10:52 Go to previous message
Ali Sikandar
Use Ms-Access at backhand and vb as frontview. This can be done by using visual data manager faculty in vb ver 6.0. Oracle is only recommended in situations where a huge amount of data needs to be stored. you will also need to be thoroughly aware of the SQL syntax in order to use Oracle. Vb on the other hand can provide you with easy to use GUI and splash screens. Reports can also be very easily be generated in Ms-Access or integrated vb with Ms-Access. For a videoshop the no. of records in unlikely to exceed 20,000. So using integrated software of vb and Ms-Access, most appropriate solution can be obtained.
Previous Topic: Connecting B/W Two Personal Oracle
Next Topic: An Oracle server is a Database management system that provides an open comprehensive integrated appr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:03:29 CDT 2024