Home » Other » General » V$session
V$session [message #101812] Thu, 18 October 2001 00:52 Go to next message
Pandari Suresh Kumar
Hi Everybody,

Anyone can solve my problem ? The Problem is, while doing some job my Sql*Plus is hanged. Again tried the same for the same job. Again its hanged. Using Task Manager, I removed the programs. So I decided to kill the session, so that I used Alter System kill Session command to killed the both the session. Now the status in V$session view is KILLED for the both process. But unable to remove it permanently. But for testing, I tried for another session without hanging one, its removed from V$session permanently.

Solution Pls.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Suresh

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: V$session [message #101846 is a reply to message #101812] Mon, 29 October 2001 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRW
I've seen this before, the response was that it will eventually go away and it is not using any resources. So, it's something you need not worry about

Re: V$session [message #101866 is a reply to message #101812] Sun, 04 November 2001 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Baral
Hi,
this killed session remains for certain reasons...

* that session may have some dml statements, it may trying to do big amount of data insert/update/delete, that is the reason it is taking much time and bahaves as hanging. So once u kill the session, then it also rollback the data, for that much time the session is shown as 'killed' till all the data gets rolledback.

* once u kill session it will shown as also 'killed', the background process will verify that the particular session is killed, but the frequency is not very low. So in this case it will released the 'killed' session after some hours also or u shutdown and startup the database.

Suresh

Re: V$session [message #102709 is a reply to message #101846] Fri, 06 September 2002 21:32 Go to previous message
Anip Gupta
This takes little time in cleaning up server process for that particular session till PMON checks it and removes it after any data on which this process is manipulating is rolled back
Previous Topic: Re: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
Next Topic: Re: Oracle vs. MS-Access
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:07:35 CDT 2024