Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node (12.1.0.2,RHEL7)
Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659707] Fri, 27 January 2017 12:48 Go to next message
sacharya2017
Hi,
I have been Installing Test Cluster(2Node),12.1.0.2.0 on RHEL7. On first node root.sh went fine without any problem but It fails on second node with "CLSRSC-117: Failed to Start Oracle Clusterware stack" , Other errors are "CRS-2883: Resource 'ora.ctssd' failed during Clusterware stack start.
The only warning while running cluvfy.sh and OUI is "PRVE-0426: The Size of in-memory file system mounted as /dev/shm is "7340032k" megabytes which is less than the required size of "2048" megabytes on node "".
as per oracle document this can be ignored as I have an entry into /etc/fstab with size 7G and mounted with correct options and size.
Please advise...
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659720 is a reply to message #659707] Sat, 28 January 2017 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

How far did the root.sh get? Please can you run these on both the first and the second node,
$GI_HOME/bin/crsctl stat res -t -init
$GI_HOME/bin/crsctl stat res -t
and post the result (remember to enclose it within [code] tags).
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659724 is a reply to message #659720] Sat, 28 January 2017 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
Thanks John, Here is the output of both commands on both nodes
on First node
[oracle@nodei bin]$ ./crsctl stat res -t -init
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name           Target  State        Server                   State details       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cluster Resources
ora.asm
      1        OFFLINE OFFLINE                               Instance Shutdown,ST
                                                             ABLE
ora.cluster_interconnect.haip
      1        ONLINE  ONLINE       nodei                    STABLE
ora.crf
ora.crsd
ora.cssd
ora.cssdmonitor
ora.ctssd
      1        ONLINE  ONLINE       nodei                    ACTIVE:0,STABLE
ora.diskmon
      1        OFFLINE OFFLINE                               STABLE
ora.evmd
ora.gipcd
ora.gpnpd
ora.mdnsd
ora.storage

[oracle@nodei bin]$ ./crsctl stat res -t
Local Resources
ora.LISTENER.lsnr
               ONLINE  ONLINE       nodei                    STABLE
ora.asm
               OFFLINE OFFLINE      nodei                    Instance Shutdown,ST
                                                             ABLE
ora.net1.network
ora.ons
Cluster Resources
ora.LISTENER_SCAN1.lsnr
ora.LISTENER_SCAN2.lsnr
ora.LISTENER_SCAN3.lsnr
ora.MGMTLSNR
ora.cvu
ora.nodei.vip
ora.oc4j
ora.scan1.vip
ora.scan2.vip
ora.scan3.vip

On Second Node

[oracle@nodeii ~] /opt/local/grid/bin/crsctl stat res -t -init
Cluster Resources
ora.asm
ora.cluster_interconnect.haip
      1        ONLINE  ONLINE       nodeii                   STABLE
ora.crf
      1        ONLINE  OFFLINE                               STABLE
ora.crsd
ora.cssd
ora.cssdmonitor
ora.ctssd
ora.diskmon
ora.evmd
      1        ONLINE  INTERMEDIATE nodeii                   STABLE
ora.gipcd
ora.gpnpd
ora.mdnsd
ora.storage
[oracle@nodeii ~]$  /opt/local/grid/bin/crsctl stat res -t 
CRS-4535: Cannot communicate with Cluster Ready Services
CRS-4000: Command Status failed, or completed with errors.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2017 07:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659732 is a reply to message #659724] Sat, 28 January 2017 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
Hi John,
Uploading the rootcrs log file from node 2.
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659734 is a reply to message #659732] Sat, 28 January 2017 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You could try to get the crsd started, but I would de-configure it all and try again. On the second node then the first node, run
$GI_HOME/crs/install/rootcrs.sh -deconfig -deinstall -verbose -force
and then on the first then the second
$GI_HOME/crs/install/rootcrs.sh -verbose
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659736 is a reply to message #659734] Sat, 28 January 2017 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
same error on node 2 John

where else should I look or investigate the issue more.
do you need any network configuration info?

thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2017 10:17]

Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659780 is a reply to message #659707] Mon, 30 January 2017 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bpeasland

CTSS is for time keeping. Are you running NTP on the nodes?

Cheers,
Brian
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659784 is a reply to message #659780] Mon, 30 January 2017 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
No Sir, I'm not using NTP in my cluster. Should I try using NTP?

Thanks
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659828 is a reply to message #659780] Tue, 31 January 2017 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
Hi,
I'm seeing error messages like "gipcdLookupNameForRemote: Name CTSSGROUP_2 does not exist on host nodeii.

could not find any relevant info on metalink and or google. Any Idea?

thanks
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659829 is a reply to message #659784] Tue, 31 January 2017 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bpeasland

I still use NTP. CTSS just runs in observer mode when I do.

I had major issues with CTSS in the past. Running it in observer mode solved my issues. I'm not sure if those issues are fixed in 12.1.0.2 or not because I still run NTP to this day.

Cheers,
Brian
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659833 is a reply to message #659829] Tue, 31 January 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
Thank you Sir,
I am configuring NTP on my local Network. I will update the results.

thanks again
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659871 is a reply to message #659833] Wed, 01 February 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sacharya2017
Same error with NTP running on both the nodes.
I'm lost now. what else can I do?

thanks
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #659872 is a reply to message #659871] Wed, 01 February 2017 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
In no particular order:

First, you could use Linux 6 instead of 7. 7 may be certified, but that doesn't mean it works properly. I always use 6.
Second, you could remove everything and start again. Everything! Be sure to dd some junk over your ASM devices.
Third, you could raise a TAR (assuming you have a support contract)
Fourth, you could install a one node cluster. You could then follow the routine to add a second node.
Re: Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 GI Installation for Cluster fails on 2nd Node [message #660172 is a reply to message #659872] Fri, 10 February 2017 10:36 Go to previous message
sacharya2017
Hi John/Brian,
I had successfully installed GI 12C for clusterware on RHEL7.3. I had lots of issues and it took time but finally i was succeed.
The Issues I had on second node

1.>OUI/Cluvfy were not able to detect NTP on second node even though it was up and running. I had to modify /etc/sysconfig/ntpd file to add -x options and tell it to create /var/run/ntp.pid as OUI/cluvfy looks at that location for PID file.
2.> I was hitting a bug 18456643 ,so applied patch 18456643. You have to apply this patch to OH on Both the nodes before you run the root.sh
3.>Dont select the option to run root scripts automatically, run it manually. Yes , run it Manually. Smile I did the test with automatic run of root.sh and it was getting hung on second node while trying to start ora.ctssd

thanks a lot for your help

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2017 12:48]

Previous Topic: ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
Next Topic: Should I configure the RAC as strange topology?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:48:31 CDT 2024