Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » apex with Oracle EBS R12
apex with Oracle EBS R12 [message #659515] Thu, 19 January 2017 22:32 Go to next message
annu-agi

Hello experts ,

I need to know that can i use stand alone apex with EBS r12 ?? how can i use ebs database within apex?? is there any ref document???

regards

anwer
Re: apex with Oracle EBS R12 [message #659516 is a reply to message #659515] Fri, 20 January 2017 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use EBS.

I believe it stores data into tables that reside in an Oracle schema. Therefore, your Apex user has to have access to that schema. If Apex is installed in the database used by EBS, no problem - Apex admin should just add another (i.e. EBS) schema to the Apex user. However, if they don't share the same database, you can still do it, but this time you'd have to create a "tunnel" from your user to EBS; now, that would probably be a database link, (materialized?) views and stuff. Not very stylish, but could be done. Note that performance might suffer.
Re: apex with Oracle EBS R12 [message #659520 is a reply to message #659515] Fri, 20 January 2017 01:45 Go to previous message
John Watson
Unless it has changed since I last did it, APEX does not come with EBS authentication as standard so you need to write a custom scheme that uses (if I remember correctly) the fnd_web_sec package to validate the username/password. That's about it.
Previous Topic: Error while executing EXEC DBMS_XDB.SETHTTPPORT
Next Topic: ORDS standalone scalability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:59:53 CDT 2024