Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Excel Problem (double quotes issue) (Oracle Apex )
Excel Problem (double quotes issue) [message #628938] Mon, 01 December 2014 06:02 Go to next message
Xandot
Hello,

I have one export form in Apex which is responsible for exporting the data into excel format. When the user put the string like "@#@$%%" into the database and Export it into the excel then the double quotes are removed in excel like @#@$%%.

I don't know what happen into the excel,how can I export same string as user inserted into DB. Please help me out.

Thanks,
Xandot

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2014 06:37] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Double quotes issue in exporting [message #628940 is a reply to message #628938] Mon, 01 December 2014 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xandot
I entered some text in a texbox: "adk%$>sgf%<"<""sfd"%

I am able to view the exact text when I view as HTML, But when I am exporting the above text in excel the text looks like : adk%$>sgf%<<""sfd"%

Whereas I want the exact text I entered in the text box :"adk%$>sgf%<"<""sfd"%

Please help

Re: Double quotes issue in exporting [message #628945 is a reply to message #628940] Mon, 01 December 2014 06:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Open report properties, go to "Report Attributes" tab, scroll down to the "Download" section.

"CSV separator" and "CSV enclosed by" properties should be set so that they won't bother you. I'd suggest you to put a semi-colon into "CSV separator" and leave "CSV enclosed by" empty. These settings seem to be working OK in a case you described (at least, they did for me).
Previous Topic: Import apex application from a database to another
Next Topic: Dynamic Action on Tab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:17:35 CDT 2024