Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » EM Not working after host name change (LINUX Redhat 5; Oracle 11g)
EM Not working after host name change [message #480198] Thu, 21 October 2010 11:43 Go to next message
bryguy76
Hey Everyone,

I'm not a DBA, but I've inherited an Oracle 11g database on a Linux Red Hat 5 box that I am now responsible for. I've had to relocate it, and my host name has changed. I've muddled through a few changes (network & listener changes), and the database seems to be working a- ok.

My problem is that the OEM doesn't seem to be working now. I don't think the dbconsole is running. When I try to launch it, I'm using the command line:

su - oracle - c "export Oracle_SID=databasename;/u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db1/bin/emctl start dbconsole"

I'm getting the error:

EM Configuration issue /u01/app/oracle/product/11.1.0/db1/hostname_databasename not found

(obviously replace the hostname and database name with the appropriate names)

The hostname however, contains the OLD hostname. I know this is totally wrong, but I tried a quick and dirty method of copying the folder, and changing the name to include the new hostname, but that didn't work.

What do I need to do to get this to work? I obviously have missed something, but since I have no background in the DBA world, I'm not sure what I need to do.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2010 11:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EM Not working after host name change [message #480203 is a reply to message #480198] Thu, 21 October 2010 12:31 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/?SQ=ff55d956f569918f5c1277065e2a95e4&t=search&srch=create+repository&btn_submit=Search&fi eld=all&forum_limiter=9&search_logic=AND&sort_order=DESC&author=

You need to recreate the EM Repository using the "emctl" utility

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Previous Topic: EM Daemon is not running after start dbconsole
Next Topic: performance problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:18:13 CDT 2024