Home » Other » General » how to write a 'checker' script (MATLAB/octave)
how to write a 'checker' script [message #474260] Sat, 04 September 2010 03:22 Go to next message
starfire
I was just wondering if anyone here has an expose to MATLAB or Octave??

I am currently using this program but am stuck with a question on how to write a script for a checker which takes as input an image and a threshold value and returns an image that is distorted to appear as if the image was taken on top of a 4x4 chessboard.

the threshold value is used to convert the image into a binary image. Binary images contain only two values: either 0 or 1. When a normal image is converted to a binary image, all the values of the corresponding 2D matrix are converted to either 0 or 1. The checker function produces a binary image.

The checker function breaks the image into sixteen equally-sized parts. Working left to right, top to bottom, the sixteen parts alternate between dark and light parts.

Anyone have any idea??

thank you in advance!
Re: how to write a 'checker' script [message #474262 is a reply to message #474260] Sat, 04 September 2010 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is your first message on the OraFAQ forum. "Ora" stands for "Oracle" (meaning database). I'm not sure whether you put the question into the right place. Is it, somehow, related to Oracle Forms? I *think* not, so I'll move it into the General forum (for the time being).

If it has something to do with Oracle and/or Forms, please, say so and we'll move your topic to a more appropriate place. Otherwise, if you have just missed the place (i.e. the whole forum), perhaps you should find a more appropriate forum to discuss the problem.
Re: how to write a 'checker' script [message #475231 is a reply to message #474262] Mon, 13 September 2010 18:02 Go to previous message
andrew again
Some peole have generated images through pl/sql ==> http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/blog/2005/november/22.html but it's not generally recognized as the right tool for the job. If you have an image manipulation utility that you want to call directly from pl/sql then that's a different situation. I have several pl/sql apps that generate images in that way, and one way to do that is to:
1) Figure out the O/S level commandline to do what you want. Create the pl/sql to generate this string. Creating a script via utl_file and then executing that sometimes gives you more flexibility and control.

2) Execute the command from pl/sql using a Java stored procedure (an older approach) , or using DBMS_SCHEDULER.create_job/run_job of type EXTERNAL (a newer, sometimes easier approach). http://psoug.org/reference/dbms_scheduler.html

3) load the image back into the database if needed. There are several ways to do this.
Previous Topic: AIM Oracle Templates
Next Topic: Cursor sharing = exact / similar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:18:49 CDT 2024