Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Trying to change table information with javascript -new at this- (Oracle HTML DB 2.0.0.00.49)
Trying to change table information with javascript -new at this- [message #444230] Fri, 19 February 2010 08:43 Go to next message
nik0lla
Hey Guys,

Still new to the whole oracle+java-script.

My goal: I want to use java-script to open a prompt to see if the user wants to change the date of a work order (Located in Work_order_info called "opened_date")

What I have so far:

var n = prompt("Is the checklist starting now? (Type either y or n)", "y or n");

if (n == "y" || n == "Y"){
          alert("The opened date has now been changed!");
        }else if (n = "n" || n == "N"){
          alert("The opened date has not been changed! Sorry to bother you");
        }else{
          alert("You needed to type either n or y, nothing else!");
        }

What I need assistance on: I'm not entirely sure how to tell the table to change the opened_date to sysdate. I'm sure it's really simple >.> thanks!
Re: Trying to change table information with javascript -new at this- [message #447086 is a reply to message #444230] Thu, 11 March 2010 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keywee2000
Hi nik0lla,

Could you please put this in some context?

Are you using Oracle Application Express as a front-end, or are you using the mod pl/sql toolkit to generate your web pages?

Re: Trying to change table information with javascript -new at this- [message #447101 is a reply to message #444230] Thu, 11 March 2010 22:21 Go to previous message
delna.sexy
Quote:
how to tell the table to change the opened_date to sysdate

UPDATE <TABLE>
SET OPENED_DATE = SYSDATE
WHERE...

regards,
Delna
Previous Topic: Exception handling in apex
Next Topic: Web Development in Oracle APEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:32:03 CDT 2024