Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » databases not showing up from oem
databases not showing up from oem [message #412496] Thu, 09 July 2009 13:44 Go to next message
california_6_1
I have created 2 databases and when i view my host from oem grid control - i dont see these newly created databases. if i go to targets - select my node and request for databsaes - all i see is the one i created at the time of installation. anything i am missing?
Re: databases not showing up from oem [message #431641 is a reply to message #412496] Wed, 18 November 2009 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nateholtrop
On the agents, do a rediscover of your targets. This should get them into oem.
icon6.gif  Re: databases not showing up from oem [message #433468 is a reply to message #412496] Wed, 02 December 2009 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LKBrwn_DBA

In Targets, do you see the host(s) for these databases?

If yes:, click on the databases tab (top on the Targets menu) and you will find an "Add" button. Click on that and it will request the host name (server) and re-discover everything.

If not:
- Login to the target host (server)
- Make sure the databases are recorded in the /etc/oratab (or /var/opt/oracle/oratab) file
- Change directory to the Agent Home
- Execute these commands:
$ ./bin/emctl stop agent
$ rm -f sysman/emd/state/*
$ rm -f sysman/emd/upload/*
$ rm -f sysman/log/*
$ ./bin/emctl clearstate agent
$ ./bin/emctl secure agent {password}
$ ./bin/emctl start agent

- Check the logs and trace files in $AGENT_HOME/sysman/log for errors

PS: Have patience (take a coffe break) because sometimes it may take more than 15 minutes to register each database.
Razz
Re: databases not showing up from oem [message #433478 is a reply to message #433468] Wed, 02 December 2009 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Quote:
I have created 2 databases and when i view my host from oem grid control - i dont see these newly created databases. if i go to targets - select my node and request for databsaes - all i see is the one i created at the time of installation. anything i am missing?

You need to install agent on that server if its not installed. If agent is already installed on server then login to grid and configure database

- Babu

[Updated on: Wed, 02 December 2009 09:42] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: databases not showing up from oem [message #433979 is a reply to message #433478] Sun, 06 December 2009 02:32 Go to previous message
nets_edge@cox.net
On target node:

export ORACLE_HOME=
now set it to the home you installed the oracle agent to:

export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/agent/10.2

export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
emctl status agent

start peeking at logs as well.
Most forget it's a different agent, and must be installed into an exclusive ORACLE HOME.

Sometimes I even forget, and try and start the dbcontrol agent by mistake.

(also verify the agent registration password on grid is the one you are using.)

Good luck

Nets Edge
Previous Topic: unable to login enterprise manager in win7 oracle 10.2.0.1.0
Next Topic: backup in oracle managment server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:45:41 CDT 2024