Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? (RUEI 4.5)
Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #399548] Wed, 22 April 2009 22:03 Go to next message
niubiliti
I would like to know more about RUEI's history, as well as advantages and disadvantages of RUEI and its rivals, could any one help share me some related materials? Thanks.
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #399549 is a reply to message #399548] Wed, 22 April 2009 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please provide URL for RUEI (Real User Experience Insight) (RUEI 4.5)
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #399550 is a reply to message #399548] Wed, 22 April 2009 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niubiliti
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/htdocs/real_user_experience_insight.html

it is part of oracle em
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #399656 is a reply to message #399550] Thu, 23 April 2009 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oem/prod_focus/realuserexperienceinsight.html

Babu
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #401087 is a reply to message #399548] Fri, 01 May 2009 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moniforce
Hi niubiliti,

the Oracle Real user Experience Insight(RUEI) product comes from one of the Oracle acquisitions: Moniforce (www.oracle.com/moniforce) and now fits with the Enterprise Manager suite of products.

Since that acquisition many new capabilities have been added to the product in multiple releases, so its hard to talk about (dis)advantages and rivals if I don't know what kind of scenario you are looking at. However you can find a good overview of the market for Real User Monitoring and how RUEI fits within this market by playing the on demand webcast that Oracle did together with Forester: http://www.oracle.com/go/?&Src=5634283&Act=287&pcode=NAMK05070145MPP008

icon4.gif  Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #444233 is a reply to message #401087] Fri, 19 February 2010 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JackW
Don't even consider to obtain this product.
We purchased it two years ago, but it's added value is absolute 0%. The time it takes to implement it is enormous and we are not able to produce one bit of useable information.
Reporting within the organisation is not possible at all, or only when you build a reasonable reporting shell you're self.
The spent purchase amount of > € 100.000,00 is realy flushed through the toilet. AN ABSOLUTE WASTE, THIS ABSOLUTE USELESS PRODUCT. Mad
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #444238 is a reply to message #444233] Fri, 19 February 2010 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hi, JackW - just this week, I've been asked to look into setting up a demo environment for RUEI, a client has asked us to do this. I hadn't heard of it before. So far, I'm still getting the hardware together: 64bit Linux and 16G RAM is the only supported environment, according to the installation guide, which is awkward.
Can you provide any information on what you were trying to do with it, and the problems? This is terrifying
Quote:

The time it takes to implement it is enormous

Any chance you can quantify that?
icon4.gif  Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #447478 is a reply to message #444238] Mon, 15 March 2010 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peschar
I'm an experience consultant and have deployed many instances within a big financial.

I think its a very useful product once installed. It does need some knowledge to deploy however. Also take the application being monitored into consideration when you start your deployment plan.

When you need some help feel free to contact me.

Greetz
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #459872 is a reply to message #399548] Tue, 08 June 2010 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilgupta01
Hi

I have been working on implementation of RUEI 6.5 for a couple of months now. I was quite impressed with the kind of information that can be obtained using this tool. However I think the product still has some scope for improvement.

If somebody has any questions regarding this tool, feel free to contact me.

Some of the things that I have worked on
1. Setting up a sandbox environment for getting quick handson on RUEI.
2. Configuring web applications developed in various frameworks (JSF, Struts, custom developed GUI frameworks etc)
3. Setting up reports and dashboards for end users

Some of the encountered RUEI issues till date with RUEI 6.5
1. The configuration portability is not supported. You can take backups but will have hard time if you are looking for a staging env as well for your RUEI configurations.

2. Business Transaction modelling & reporting is quite rigid in nature and not supported for multiple transactions in same session.

3. There are several internal limits that are not documented anywhere for e.g. you can configure a maximum of 256 functional errors, maximum of 14 network filters can be applied.

4. There can be issues in rendering pages in session replay if page redirections are involved...

Regards
Akhil Gupta
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #465401 is a reply to message #459872] Wed, 14 July 2010 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mojianpo
hi,i want to use the RUEI,which I Can free access a web site can use ruei demo envrionement?
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #465474 is a reply to message #465401] Wed, 14 July 2010 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilgupta01
I don't think there is any demo/sandbox environment available to see RUEI working. You will need to prepare your own sandbox env. to explore it.
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #469465 is a reply to message #465474] Wed, 04 August 2010 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
We've deployed RUEI in a virtual environment and a physical environment for a government contractor corporation. I'm an infrastructure engineer and my colleagues know the application quite well. We've created a portable RUEI export using vmware. On vmware, we can deploy/configure a POC or production environment very quickly if the company has the prereqs in place(listed below). On a virtual environment, time to deploy and stand up a RUEI environment is 2 hours for a all-in-one system, which is the reporter, collector, and database all on one server. And 3-4 hours on a 3-tier environment, which are seperate servers for collector, reporter, and database. Contact me at johnnymaui70@yahoo.com if you like advice or engage our consulting practice for RUEI deployments or demos.

Thanks,
John
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #469466 is a reply to message #469465] Wed, 04 August 2010 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
Prereqs:

Hardware powered on the network
Span port cabled to RUEI server
SSL keys for application needed monitoring
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537467 is a reply to message #399548] Wed, 28 December 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RachelO
Hey,

was also looking for some info about RUEI and found this article looking at advantages and disadvantages by Mia Urman. I can't post the link since I'm new here but look for the word press blog -
oracleformsinfo

Rachel
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537468 is a reply to message #537467] Wed, 28 December 2011 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
Hi Rachel, I searched for oracleformsinfo and Mia Urman and couldn't find in this forum. What kind of questions did you have about RUEI?
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537505 is a reply to message #537468] Thu, 29 December 2011 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here you are: Oracle Forms 11g R 2 RUEI Real User Experience Insight The Good The Bad and The Ugly
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537572 is a reply to message #537505] Thu, 29 December 2011 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RachelO
Thanks Littlefoot, that's exactly it Smile
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537610 is a reply to message #537572] Thu, 29 December 2011 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
Thanks. I read Mia Urman's post and also Jurgen's comment to the post below it, and he makes good arguments. I'm not a forms developer so I'm not qualified to comment on the specific feature Mia is trying to use. What I can share is a link for EBS support in RUEI documentation. There are many features that are available to successfully monitor a EBS environment. I suggest doing a POC to see how it works, we've installed it for a large storage company, one of the biggest financial firms, one of the largest US goverment contractors and a few Canadian companies, they are very please with the data received from RUEI. Ping me at my new email address if you need assistance; john.shields@bridgescapeinc.com. I'll be more than happy to help where I can via email or chat on the phone. Cheers

docs.oracle.com/cd/E26370_01/doc.121/e26360/ebs.htm#BEHEAGGC
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537616 is a reply to message #537610] Thu, 29 December 2011 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
I'm working on a RUEI demo site available to the public and should have it available early next year. I didn't have EBS on my radar to add as a monitored app, however if demand warrants it I'll add it my list.
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537694 is a reply to message #537610] Fri, 30 December 2011 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RachelO
Thanks for your contact info Smile

Quite a heated debate over there now.. Mia just posted a whole post answering Jurgen's points.

Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537731 is a reply to message #537694] Fri, 30 December 2011 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
Yes I read it, I wouldn't describe it as heated, however its good that the product manager is actively responding to users posts.
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537733 is a reply to message #537731] Fri, 30 December 2011 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hello, people - it has been interesting to see this topic revived. My question on it (which never had a reply) was nearly a year ago. I did get RUEI going, but it became apparent that it wasn't going to deliver much, if anything, to the client that couldn't be done much more easily (and cheaply) with Grid Control service tests and beacons. The environment would have have included EBS and therefore Forms.
Do you really think that RUEI has a future?
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537742 is a reply to message #537733] Fri, 30 December 2011 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jshields70
Hi John, Yes I do. RUEI and grid control(with performance packs) are actually part of Oracle's enterprise monitoring solutions and can be integrated and will compliment each other. In fact for Oracle customers to achieve a full circle enterprise monitoring solution Oracle recommends having multiple products(depending on a company's goals), there are more to add to the list than just RUEI and grid control btw. There are things RUEI can and can't do, and there are things grid control can and cannot do. In the near future, RUEI will be integrated into enterprise manager suite, so you'll soon be able to use RUEI's feature within EM, however it will probably be another licensed performance pack. This whitepaper is an example of of integrating both products to achieve a monitoring solution that neither both products can do alone.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/app-mgmt/twp-next-gen-siebel-monitoring-164300.pdf

I'm not a forms developer so I can't speak accurately on how to monitor forms, however I sent a link earlier in the post on EBS support and here is another whitepaper with more information.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/grid-control/twp-ruei-monitoring-ebs-users-134863.pdf
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537831 is a reply to message #537610] Sun, 01 January 2012 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miaurman

Hi John,

Thanks for the offer to help and for following my blog.
We are debating begining a POC but we wanted more information about how RUEI will work for Oracle Forms stand alone systems.
There seems to be good documentation for Oracle EBS but not yet for Oracle Forms standalone. From what I was able to derive from the EBS docs (I hope to be wrong), In order to use Forms and get form names we must either use the Oracle Forms built in or a mannual mapping. Therefore it does require some manual intervention and it needs to be kept current.

I hope Jurgen will respond to my post so we can know for sure.
Happy new year,

Mia
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #537832 is a reply to message #537733] Sun, 01 January 2012 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RachelO
I think RUEI does have a future but it still has some way to go to be fully passive monitoring.

You might want to checkout OraMonitor. We used it for a POC here at a major credit card company and it was able to do real-end user monitoring of the Oracle Forms.

We still needed grid for DB and App Server monitoring but OraMonitor does not need any manual mappings.

Rachel
Re: Anyone knows RUEI (Real User Experience Insight)? [message #548873 is a reply to message #537832] Mon, 26 March 2012 15:25 Go to previous message
miaurman

If your interested in Oracle Forms monitoring there is a FREE webinar about it tomorrow
http://www.correlsense.com/webinar-the-five-keys-to-managing-the-oracle-e-business-suite/
Previous Topic: Overwriting Dump FIles in Enterprise Manager
Next Topic: Job submission Failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:45:43 CDT 2024