Home » Other » General » oracle 10G upgration (merged)
oracle 10G upgration (merged) [message #386581] Mon, 16 February 2009 03:13 Go to next message
Gana13
Hi All,

Currently I am in one up gradation plan. I am using oracle 9iAS and database is oracle 10g. Now the application is working fine. But whenever I am trying to load some flat file into database, it is not successful. The application is using oracle 9i sqlloader utility to load the flat file into database. Is it a problem in trying to load flat file into oracle 10g database by using oracle 9iAS. In log file it shows the Sqloader connection was susses and control file of the flat file also got created. But this ctrl file converts into log file once the process is completed. Finally the data are not loaded successfully into 10g database.

After up-gradeing database to 10G, i was not able to access the MY databse through TOAD 8.5 or SQLPLUS. That time we found that TOAD 8.5 will not support 10G database. So my DBA adjusted all_arguments view to resolve it. Then it was success.

Now form my application server, i am not able to open sqlplus for the database.. Previously i use to connect in case of 9i database... Now if i give SQLPLUS or SQLLDR command from my application server.. it is not successful.. i have chnaged configuration.ini and data_sources.xml files to point the 10G database.

Please clarify me in this.....

Thanks & Regards,
Ganapathy.S
Re: oracle 10G upgration [message #386600 is a reply to message #386581] Mon, 16 February 2009 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
"not able to open sqlplus for the database" is not a real Oracle Error.

Which Oracle error do you get? Post the entire command line session where you try to connect to the database.
Re: oracle 10G upgration [message #386608 is a reply to message #386581] Mon, 16 February 2009 04:19 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Don't repeat your question.
Patiently wait for the answer.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Develop reusable code to call a executable from stored procedure
Next Topic: Risks and limitations for testing SQL code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:08:38 CDT 2024