Home » Other » General » Oracle vs Informix
Oracle vs Informix [message #365444] Fri, 29 May 1998 13:08 Go to next message
Janie
I currently maintain an Oracle DB running SAP. Another group wants to build a data warehouse of the SAP data possible using Informix. I want them to stay with Oracle. What are the issues of extracting data from Oracle and populating an Informix DB? They may also want to send updates from the warehouse back to Oracle. Your help is appreciated.
Re: Oracle vs Informix [message #365467 is a reply to message #365444] Tue, 23 June 1998 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ravikumar
Well, For extracting data from Oracle - Write a sql script and save the ouptput into ascii flat file .
For populating Informix DB - write a 4gl program and using LOAD command you can populate the database.
Depending on the nature of updates that you receive from warehouse, use Pro*c or Sql Loader to update you oracle database.
Re: Oracle vs Informix [message #365621 is a reply to message #365467] Wed, 14 April 1999 22:57 Go to previous message
Jabbar Fagan
Hi,

I am curious: Since this post was long ago, what is the status? Did you migrate to Informix? Can you compare the two?

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Help me with an interview
Next Topic: Converting to Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:53:58 CDT 2024