Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » enterprise manager is not running
enterprise manager is not running [message #356512] Thu, 30 October 2008 23:48 Go to next message
hira
i have migrated my databse to new server my new server is 64 bit server where as my old server was 32 bit server after moving the databse to new server everything is working fine execpt for em and i even tired to drop and recreate the em repositry but it gave the following error

PLS-00302 component 'VALID' must be declared

Re: enterprise manager is not running [message #356662 is a reply to message #356512] Fri, 31 October 2008 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babuknb

Need more information from your end.

Please post complete log file.

Babu
Re: enterprise manager is not running [message #356941 is a reply to message #356512] Mon, 03 November 2008 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hira
actually we shifted our database from 32 bit to 64 bit server by copying spfile files and datafiles and than i run the scripts for upgrading after that my database is all running and working fine execpt for enterprsie manager the main page of enterprise manager appears but when i move to administration tag it ask for login and after that it donot connect so i reconfig my enterprise manager beacuase in my main enterprsie host name is that of old machine althought i have put the new name in lsnr and tns file after reconfig enterprsie manager was same no improvment so i drop the em repos and tired to create it again even after dropping sysman user but no user it doesnot create the repos and following error appears in log file

Set repository version

BEGIN dbms_registry.valid('EM'); END;

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 21:
PLS-00302: component 'VALID' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

please free feel to ask more information if you need i have attached the log file as well
Re: enterprise manager is not running [message #388414 is a reply to message #356512] Tue, 24 February 2009 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juju
To who ever!

I received the same error having the same problem. This message
does not show the fix to this problem. Could you please sent
the result to me via email? Thank.
Re: enterprise manager is not running [message #388483 is a reply to message #388414] Wed, 25 February 2009 00:37 Go to previous message
hira
this problem is becuase when we shift our platform packages in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlvalid is not configure first run this package and than recreate the enterprise manage and it will work fine
still if youll have any queries please feel free to contact me
Previous Topic: Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance
Next Topic: unable to open em console on RHEL5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:14:31 CDT 2024