Home » Other » General » Home computer system requirements for Oracle 11g (Oracle 11g)
Home computer system requirements for Oracle 11g [message #335088] Sun, 20 July 2008 23:09
garyt799
I have downloaded the user guide PDFs concerning 11g and I have read what the MINIMIUM system requirements are but I want to know what I should buy and not what the minimium requirements are.

I am looking to learn the Oracle database in hopes of securing a position as an Oracle DBA in the future. I want to purchase a desktop to run virtual enviroments to install and experiment with Oracle RAC and the Oracle 11g database. I currently have a laptop with a 1.73 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM (this is the most RAM that the laptop can be installed with).

I have tried running an Oracle program on my laptop and everything slowed to a crawl. Basically whatever an Oracle DBA would do on the job I want to be able to do on my home computer in order to practice the job duties of an Oracle DBA.

What are the processor and RAM requirements for a desktop so I can work with various Oracle programs on my own so I can practice all the duties that an Oracle DBA would do on the actual job?

Is a 3.00 GHz dual core Intel processor and 4 GB of RAM enough to do the above?

Previous Topic: How to access table from *.mdb?
Next Topic: Can You See The Patterns..?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:42:16 CDT 2024